viernes, 27 de enero de 2017

Baywatch & boat barbecues.

Hello world!
I am back with another blog post!
Today I will be talking about the lovely town that is Torre del mar.
It is a small, typicall spanish village, that is right next to the beach. It is very beautiful and a lot less touristic then other places like Marbella or Torremolinos. My grandparents live here so I come here quite often and really enjoy it. The last time I went I decided to take some pictures and talk about it on my blog.
So with out further ado, let's get to explaining all about this old fishermans town turned tourist atraction.
Like I mentioned before it is a typicall spanish fishermans town with a bunch of lovely beaches that have become famous with tourists. Providing the main income of most of it's citizens. It has a lovely promenade with several "Chiringuitos" which are typicall spanish fish restaurants, partly or entirely on the beach. They bake their fish on a barbeque, made out of an old boat, which is then filled up with sand and logs producing an amazing smell and perfeclty cooked and smoked fish. My tip if you go there? just order the fish of the day, an entire fish ( most times), which has been caught that same day in the morning. It generally comes with chips (fries) and sometimes a side of salad, alltough vegetables are rarely found in spanish restaurants. This can be resolved easily by ordering a salad, these are generally the same in all restaurants, unless you order a specific one.
Apart from great fish you can also eat in many other restaurant off the beach. There is a great american style restaurant called yankiees. They have great American food, for great prices. The place looks like a diner but more modern I guess. They are very american sizes tough, so be carefull you don't buy to much (happened to me the first time). I personally love there peperoni & cheese pizza, aswell as the garlic bread and the nachos. There are also a lot of great ice cream shops, of course.
But that is enough now I will let the photos convince you. If you are ever close, you should check it out, if not for the beaches and food, for the amazing atmosphere.














My sister and I on the beach for an evening stroll.



                                                                 An old fishers boat.


                                                                                          
                 The ligefuard tower á la Baywatch( without hot lifeguards unfortunately)

                                                The view of the coastline, and the other coast towns.

  Really getting those baywatch vibes, just waiting for a hot lifeguard to run past in slow motion...

                                         One of the famous "Chiringuitos with it's boat barbecue.

                                          A look at the promenade in the evening.


                                         The terras of the Yankiees, an american style restaurant.



















                             Another look at the promenade and one of it's many fountains.

                                                               Entrance of Yankiees

                                                    Another themed bar/ cafe.

So I hoped you enjoyed! If there is anything specific you would like me to write about, let me know in the comment section.

Enjoy your day/ night wherever you are!

PS: sorry for the weird stripes on some of the pictures I have no idea what happened and can't change it :(

Simoneexx

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario