jueves, 26 de noviembre de 2015

Tarifa.


Hi guys!

Here I am again, today I'm going to talk about my trip to Tarifa, in the south of spain.
I went to Tarifa, Cadiz at the end of august this year, after my trip to london was cancelled. I went there together with my parents and my sister. Eventough we only went for 4 days I had a lot of fun. Tarifa is a typicall surfers town. The atmosphere is amazing! It's so relaxed and laid-back, surfboards everywhere and guys with dreadlocks and "Hippie vans". One of the things that caught my eyes the most was the fact that in nearly all restaurants and bars dog where welcome. Now we didn't bring our dog but she would have loved it! The apartment we where staying at was really basic but perfect because it was literally 200m from the beach. I love going to the beach so I spend most of my time there. Apart from the beaches and surfing, Tarifa also offers some big landmarks of the spanish history. It's also an amazing place to go out at night. The main road offers a big variety of restaurants. We found a really good italian restaurant by coincidence. It was in one of the small side streets near the main square, It's very small but really homie and tumblr if you know what I mean. the tables and chairs where made out of wood and there was an old surfdocumentary on a tv in one of the corners. They had hung mason jars of different sizes with spices from the sealing which looked magical. maybe you don't like these kind of things, but I am a sucker for cute, romantic and family owned restaurants and bars. And most times the food is better then in a fancy restaurant. I had a salmon and rucula pizza that tasted amazing! I wasn't sure about my choice at first but it turned out to be a very good choice! The restaurant is called Ninén and you should defenitely check it out if you ever go to tarifa. Another restaurant I liked was once again italian (Yes I like Italian food, get over it!) we went there on our first night and I had Gnocci with tomato sauce, mozarrella, parmesan cheese and basil. And the first night it was amazing but when we went back a few nights later and I decided to get the same thing, there was barely any tomato sauce and way to much parmesan cheese. I don't really like parmesan cheese but this was even to much for my sister, who ADORES all types of cheese. What bothered me the most was when I told the waitress kindly at the end of the night, she just brushed me of and looked at me with a dirty look. I normally don't like talking badly about things but I tought I should share this just incase you go there. All the other dishes my parents and sister had where very good, so I would recommend going there just don't eat the gnocci with tomato sauce and cheese, unless you love mountains of cheese then go ahaid :)

One of the things I did and was most looking forward to was going surfing. I've always wanted to go surfing but never had the change, untill now. The first day I went together with my dad and I spend more time in the water then actually on the surfboard. But I still really liked so I went again, this time alone. My dad took pictures and I look like a right pro (NOT)



The thing that shocked me the most at first, was how cold the water was, eventough it was the middle of the summer. One of the things Tarifa is also known for is that at a certain point the mediterranean sea and the atlantic ocean touch. So on one side of this island you have the mediterranean sea and on the other side you have the atlantic ocean. Now the atlantic ocean is very cold but the mediterranean isn't, So the change is quite strange.

But there are many more activities apart from surfing, going to the beach and visiting sites. For example you can take day trips to marroco, you go on a ferry, see some famous things ride a camel etc. Another thing I really like is the fact you can go on a boat trip to spot dolphins and wales. Now lots of people think this is animal abuse but it's the opposite. The companies that do these kind of excursion are mostly organisations about sea animal wellfare. They show people the dangers of the ferries and explain all the hard facts. I love animals especially dolphins, so this was one thing I enjoyed very much. The people where very friendly and they loved there job. I bought a pair of very cute dolphin earrings, half the money went to charity so it was a double good cause (New jewelry and helping a charity.) We didn't see any dolphins unfortunately but we saw a lot of pilot whales and other sea animals.

To conclude this blog, I would really recomend going if you like relaxed seaside towns. It has been infuenced slightly by tourist and all the attention but it's still very nice and typicall spanish.

Sorry if this was not my best post I'm quite busy at the moment as I am in my last year of a equivalent of A levels in England and it's very stressfull. I also want to apologise again for any spelling mistakes I make as I'm not english.

Hope you enjoyed my story about Tarifa and it was helpfull if you ever go.
See you soon and have a nice day/night wherever you are.

xxSimone23



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario